These days education industry is growing so fast that every parent has question WHICH PRE SCHOOL IS GOOD? There are so many preschools at every corner of the lane and each of them has some different attractive schemes for parents. So it becomes so difficult for each parent to pick right school for the child.
FEW POINTS WE CAN KEEP IN MIND FOR SELECTING PRE SCHOOL!!
1. The campus of school should be child friendly. The campus should have CCTV camera.
2. The teaching staff should be well trained and child friendly approach.
3. The school should have enough space for child to enjoy each activity carried in school.
4. There should be balance between curriculum and co-curriculum activities.
5. The utility areas should be clean. There should be some ancillary staff to attend children.
6. School should have well trained ancillary staff.
7. The student teacher ratio. Idle ratio is 10:1 which is manageable.
FEW POINTS FOR SELECTING PRE SCHOOL ON BASIS OF CURRICULUM
These days school have theory based curriculum.
1. Reggio Emlia Approach
2. Howard Gardner – Multiply Intelligence Approach
3. Jean Piaget – Progressive Approach
4. Madam Maria – Montessori Approach
Mostly school have MULTIPLY INTELLIGENCE for child’s holistic development.
There are school which follows more than one approach. There is nothing wrong in it. This approaches help them to be more focused on to development skills of children.
As parent we need to keep in mind that our child should have over all development with lots of fun at school. Going to school should not be torture for child.
I believe that child goes to school to learn basic social behaviour and to understand that the world is huge place to interact with. If this is your purpose as parent than curriculum doesn’t matter much. Because actual curriculum starts at Grade one.
I request don’t run after board(CBSE, ICSE, IB or STATE BOARD) preschool don’t have any board. But please select a preschool that makes you feel that your child is safe and in good hands for development.
Hopefully I am satisfying much of the queries of new parents.