Click the picture to get Red and Orange color flip book. If you wish to have full version of color flip which has Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Orange, Pink and Brown books please click to TpT Store
I have been working on one beautiful Puzzle and called it fruit puzzle. Its all about fruits; this puzzle has picture, name and one small sentence on fruits. Children have to match it correctly. Click on the picture below to get free sample of this puzzle and to get full version go to my TpT Store
Children come from different home backgrounds to schools. Families and school are partners in a child’s development. It is therefore important to maintain linkage between home and school. To do so schools should organize programs for parents by which parents come to know the school’s philosophy, programme and in turn , the school can come to know about the child’s development.
Some strategies for parent involvement are:
- Meetings with parents of each child individually to understand the child better. The is done mainly to share the child’s performance both at home and school.
- Group meetings for (a) parents of individual classes and (b) whole preschool section. Either teachers themselves or the other people from outside can serve as resource person.
- Open House can be organized.
- In addition to this parents can themselves be resource persons for the preschool programme. They can be volunteers for activities such as field trips, planning fun fairs, etc.
Some essential topics which needs to be covered during parent meetings are:
- Helping them understand characteristics of their children and what is normal for that particular age.
- Philosophy of the school.
- Reducing pressure on preschool children and
- Positive stratergies for child rearing.
I wonder when parents ask me when will you start with writing to children. Well, I simply tell them when child will hold things from his fist to finger he will start writing.
Dear parents and educators
There is no need to be hasty to begin writing or or asking child to hold pencils, colors or pen properly. This all will take place when child’s finer muscles are developed. The child holds things with his fist first as when child learns to hold things and is given small objects which he can’t hold with his fist he will try to hold with fingers. Finer motor activities will help you to develop holding abilities.
Child will initial learn to scribble so give them exposure to crayons and waste papers. After this step with guidance give them a definite shape with thick boarders and ask them to color within the shape. All this is long process parents and educators have to be very patient. As when the time goes child will understand and will start coloring within the lines and shapes; than you can give him easy task like matching, circling, etc. ones he has mastered all this gradually introduce pencils and now do same things with pencils instead of color. You all must wondering why? Because color has thick point and pencils are thinner and so as the pencil point too.
When the child is has learnt to hold the pencil properly it’s the prefect time to introduce writing. To being writing start with pattern and than alphabets and numbers.
Hoping this will help parents and educators that they should never be hasty in making children write or hold pencils early.
Few Fine motor activity
Give clay or wheat dough for playing.
Pegging – cloth pins, wooden blocks.
Beading – Small beads, reels.
Mud play, sand play, sorting with tweezers, bean patterning.
The Art of Story Telling
Telling and listening to stories is one of the most common scenes in any preschool. Story telling is an art by itself and there are certain teachers/people/persons who are masters of this art. However the preschool teacher needs to consciously cultivate the skills for story telling. She must enjoy telling stories, she should learn to relax and enjoy the story.
- The story should be appropriate to the needs, interests, abilities, interest span and maturity level of the children.
- The story session can be made interesting and challenging if teacher tells a variety of stories on different topics. The same stories can be imaginatively retold by changing some aspects of the story like the ending, the characters, the details of the setting.
- The themes of the story can vary from animal stories to fairy tales to factual episodes, adventure stories.
- Children enjoy rhythmic songs, verses in a story as also repletion of the same story.
- The length of the story depends as much on the age and ability of the children as the content and presentation by the teacher.
- The teacher can also take the help of a flannel board, puppets, storyboards, flashcards, picture chart, poster to either tell the story by herself or encourage the child to speak the story from the picture. This helps language development also.
I have been working on clock worksheet. So that I can make it fun loving for the children to learn the clock easy. As educators and parents its difficult to teach time to children. Here is worksheet to know the time and knowing the clock.
Educators and parents you should teach children skip count by 5’s to make you task easy in reading the clock. Start with Analog clock because it has numbers which will help you. Here is clock with Numbers and minutes.
Hope this help you to explain it to children easy.
So here are worksheets which can help you. Click the below picture to download them.
Abc Puzzle are designed for children to learn words to enhance vocabulary. This is fun for children as they learn Abc, words to each alphabet and develop patience to play and search. This puzzle has upper and lower case alphabet so children can see the formation and when they start writing they will learn to write faster.
This Abc Puzzle is available at TpT Store.